INDICATIONS AND MECHANISM
Visco-elastic hydrogel with high viscosity complementing synovial fluid.
It is used in dogs with osteoarthritis of joint such as shoulder, elbow, antebrachiocarpal, hip, stifle, tarsocrural often accompanied by:
- small amount of synovial fluid and its abnormal properties,
- abnormal rheological properties of cartilage (plasticity, elasticity, viscosity),
- chronic osteoarthritis,
- weakness of joint function with decrease in the degree of joint bending,
- joint scratching while moving.
As the complete recovery of degenerative changes in joints is impossible, the visco-elastic hydrogel has been designed to stop the disease, i.e. a further, inevitable process of joint degradation by eliminating factors that increase severity of degenerative disease.
The conservative therapy with REGEN-JOINT aims to improve the quality of patients life by reducing chronic pain, helping to inhibit inflammatory processes in joints and restoring comfortable physical activity through:
- supplementing synovial fluid with visco-elastic biomaterial,
- restoration the proper level of synovial fluid viscosity,
- mitigation symptoms of joint dysfunctions,
- increasing the slippage on connective tissue surface,
- limiting further damage of articular cartilage,
- pain relief by reducing friction between joint structures in joint,
- supporting the inhibition of inflammatory proteins thus giving the body opportunity to start regeneration process,
- absorption of forces causing damage of joint structures in joint.