RECOMMENDATIONS FOR VETS
Due to independent studies of clinical effectiveness and conservative therapies accomplished by engaged veterinary surgeons, we have created several important recommendations that should be taken into consideration when using the product:
- REGEN-JOINT should not be used in cases of:
- Infectious arthritis
- Acute inflammation of joint*
- Exudate from the joint cavity**
- Presence of hyaluronic acid or other viscous product in joint, given in the last 30 – 40 days ***
* / ** recommendation: inflammation and exudate from joint cavity should be limited and mute with available medications before REGEN-JOINT injection.
*** recommendation: before REGEN-JOINT injection joint cavity should be rinsed well e.g. with Ringer’s solution.
- Administration of REGEN-JOINT:
- REGEN-JOINT should only be given in a clean examination room or in an operating room by a qualified veterinary surgeon due to risk of complications, i.e. joint inflammation. arthralgia or internal hemorrhage due to excessive damage of joint capsule.
- Local anesthesia is recommended and it depends on the veterinarian.
- Precise application of product affects its effectiveness.
- With temperature not lower than 20ºC REGEN-JOINT should be administered into joint cavity using a 0,9 x 40 mm needle (20 G).
- Injection dose according to recommendations are presented in the Table below.
- Recommended injection time is from 1 to 3 minutes, depending on the size of joint and veterinary experience.
- REGEN-JOINT in combination with other products of regenerative medicine:
- It is not recommended to combine REGEN-JOINT with other products that improve functionality of synovial fluid.
- REGEN-JOINT in combination with medicinal products, i.e. steroid drugs, antibiotics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs has not been tested.
- It is recommended to use REGEN-JOINT after biological products such as mesenchymal stem cells and platelet-rich plasma in order to prolong their therapeutic effects.